Saturday, September 11, 2010

Well, Here it begins.

Hey all, here's another lengthy update (hopefully) that spans the course of the past seven days.
I sit here presently in my new, shiny, clean extra large new accommodation in the great north of england, and by first impressions, I can firmly say that it's been the biggest of blasts. Following my disappointment in Cornwall,
I was looking forward to starting a new life here in Preston, and so far it has been pretty much seamless. Currently I am very drunk, so I find it easier to open up my thoughts and feelings. It has been everything I had hoped for and more. Great and attractive housemates, loads of banter, great food, great music courtesy of 53 degrees, and so far a great move in.
Heh, being drunk on the first night of university is always a great sign of what is to come. are any of you guys drunk on your first night? if not, then you bloody well should be XD
This is my life. This is what defines me and shapes me as a character over the next three years. I will make good choices, bad ones, and I will experience things I will never forget, and never want to. By no means am I leaving my old life behind, but I feel a great need to try and make it on my own, to see if i can gain some form of self confidence through this. But then again, aren't we all? Isn't university just one big proving ground, where the men are separated from the boys? I plan firmly to be, or become, a man. And I invite you, my friends, to join and follow me in this process. By writing this blog, I want you to feel the same thoughts as I do, and I want you to know what is going through my head in the best, and worst times. Take this blog as the best form of student advice you can get. Second hand experience.
I met a great person this evening (Helen), and she's shown me an absolutely amazing time. Thanks, kiddo XD
Seriously, if you want a good night out, don't hesitate for a minute to come to 53 degrees here in Preston. just gimme a call if you're coming, and I'll show you the bee's knees, as it were.
I will miss every one of my Cornwall friends dearly. Fear not chaps! I will be home once more! With open arms and a warm hug to all that request! Especially you, Thomas. Lottie will look after you in my place.
My room is already a shitheap hehe.
Then again, isn't everyone's?
I feel happy.
That's all that matters to me. Except for the whole Tinnitus thing. I hate that infernal ringing in my ears after coming out of an incredibly loud club. You all know what I mean.
Still, Goodnight world. Call me when I'm sober XD
xxx

1 comment: